fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump/ now toasted starter

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump/ now toasted starter
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:20:58 -0500
Bill,
Going out on a limb here.
All you actually need to race is a well prepped car, some way to get the car
to the track, a cooler, some stuff to put in the cooler to eat and drink.
Some money for an entry fee and race fuel. AND BEER. All the other stuff...
luxuries that don't necessarily make you go any faster or have more fun.
Your comments are usually very insightful and helpful and correct. However,
rarely geared toward the understanding of a racer on a budget...even when
questions are being asked by racers on a budget.
I would love to have an acusump, tire temp gauge, plenty of every
conceivable spare, etc... but right now I just try to race with what I have
within the boundaries of what I can afford.
I put all I can into my race car but I cannot afford all the best equipment
for every single part or accessory. I just thank the Racing Gods every
weekend I get out on track.

I'm using my last 300 bucks of spending money for this month to fill my
cooler and enter a race this weekend. I hope being up late in the garage
every night this week with greasy hands will reward me with leaving a few
Porches in the dust. My friends and family do the same work of a top paid
mechanic....for BEER.
Somehow I think the rewards of racing are greater if you can compete (with
less) on the same level of those spending more money and having more means
to win.

Sorry to get all Philosophical but I always root for the underdog. And I
would stay up all night to get a fellow competitor in the race. That's the
Friendly Ghost way.

Wish me luck at Blachawk Farms.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing GT6