fot

Re: [Fot] Hub grease

To: Greg Solow <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hub grease
From: Scott Janzen <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:50:22 -0400
I looked up Red Line vs the Shell Darina EP.  Red Line has a much
higher dropping point (basically the temp at which the stuff turns to
liquid) - 900 degrees F vs 500.  The load wear index (measurement of
load bearing capacity relative to wear of the bearing surfaces) is 70
(Red Line) vs 50, with a higher number being superior.

My main concern would be over the temp, not sure how hot the front
hubs get from braking.  I hope to report back on this, however, as I
have temperature indicating paint on the brake and hub pieces for this
weekend's race.

It may be that both of these are well within operating range.  All the
specs are on the Shell and Red Line websites.