fot

Re: [Fot] Hub grease

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hub grease
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:12:43 -0600
> My main concern would be over the temp, not sure how hot the front
> hubs get from braking.

I did a temp profile on Killer's brakes a number of years back when
we were racing at Wendover.  As I recall the caliper was about 800 - 850
degrees F, the outer portion of the disk around 900.  If I recall correctly
the hub and bearing area was around 450 - 500. When I start racing
again I promise to actually write down this sort of stuff.

And based on the few times I checked with my little infrared meter
the concrete never got more than 50 - 60 degrees above air temp
when it was in full sun.

mjb.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com