fot

[Fot] Quaife question

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Quaife question
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:50:58 -0400
I'm running an open diff in the Spitfire. The VTR autox is coming up and I
have an opportunity to borrow a quaife for the weekend. I know I cannot keep
up with the big dogs with the open diff (among other things) but I am thinking
the limited slip might get me closer. I have never driven with a quaife,
Nissan diff in the 6 but no quaife. Since I will not have an oportunity to
actually drive the car with the quaife until I pull up for my first run my
question is, will I be in for any big surprises ?  I guess a second question
is will it be worth my time and effort? For autox will I be wasting my time?
With the open diff I am very traction limited at the start and trying to power
out of corners.  Your thoughts?

Marty
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com