fot

Re: [Fot] engine break-in

To: "'Joe Boruch'" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, <igofaster@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] engine break-in
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:10:11 -0700
My engine builder has me do much the same.  The most critical part as far as
I can tell from talking with him is the initial 20-30 minutes at 2000-2500
rpm.  Do not let it idle during this time.  He uses the Joe Gibbs breakin
oil for the first weekend.  I'm then switching out to Redline 40 wt at his
recommendation.  We checked the bearings before going to the runoffs and
they looked like new.  The engine had at least a dozen weekends on it by
then.

Jim