fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler cleaning

To: "'Triumph Friends of'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler cleaning
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:29:42 +0100
Don't you guys run oil filters?
I never did care about my oil coolers and hoses after an engine blow,
bearing wear or something else.
I never got debris from the cooler back into the engine, or better said it
all accumulated in the filter.
The debris size blocked by the filter is around 0.0001968" and after some
use the filter blocks smaller sizes until the filter gets blocked for oil
flow. I don't think that debris in the cooler would do any harm to the
engine if a proper filter is installed and the oil pump won't complain about
I suppose.

Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----