fot

[Fot] TRIUMPH TR3A tangent in the movies...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TRIUMPH TR3A tangent in the movies...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:27:58 EST
Amici...

I've not watched it yet, but...

My nephew was killing time in a shop in a Florida airport, when he saw this
DVD with a white Triumph TR3A on the cover.  He thought of me and bought
it.  It is called FLYWHEEL.  The panel write up says, "Jay Austin (tsk) wants
to sell used cars in the worst way...and that's exactly how he does business
at his dealership.  Promising much more than he can ever deliver, he'll do
whatever it takes to sell a car.  His manipulative ways permeate all of he
relationships...even his wife and son know they can't trust him.  But as Jay
works on restoring a classic convertible (the TR3A, I assume) he comes face
to face with reality of how he truly conducts himself."  I have to assume
this is a 'movie with a message' because it was produced by the moviemaking
ministry of a church in Georgia.  It has a favorable critique from Zig Ziglar,
a well known author and motivational speaker.  But for folks who are
interested in such TRIUMPH related items, know that it is out there.  Produced
by
Sherwood Pictures.

I am not sure when or if I'll get around to watching it.  #1 I'm getting
too old to be motivated and #2 I just discovered several dozen Betamax video
tapes from the early 1980s in the back of a cupboard in my shop.  I also
found an old Sanyo Betamax player/recorder.  Takes some fiddling to get some of
them to play, but once I get them playing, they are in remarkably good
condition considering they're all 25-30 years old.  So far I've not found many
in
car shots, but I know why.  The camera I took these tapes with was HUGE
compared to the tiny hand held ones we mount on the roll bar these days.  In
addition, I remember that the power pack (battery) was bigger and heavier than
a car battery.  Great fun & memories.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com