fot

Re: [Fot] TR3s and the Southwick conversion

To: bownes@seiri.com, edwardbarnard@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3s and the Southwick conversion
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:04:48 EST
In a message dated 01/31/2011 9:25:44 AM Central Standard Time,
bownes@seiri.com writes:

> I seem to recall/have heard a few stories that Kas worked a few wonders
> with fender 'manipulation' on a few of the cars over the years. :)

That's exactly where I got the idea.  I was having trouble getting a set of
vintage Goodyear Blue Streaks to fit on the car.  Originally, the rear
tires were rubbing inside on the leaf springs; in spite of the fact that they
have been 'carved out'..  Kas emailed me and asked if I was using wheel shims.
 I told him that I had some, but couldn't use them because the tires would
then rub on the outside.  He told me how to roll the fenders.

Like I said...it worked slick.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com