fot

[Fot] Coolant routing, TR6 race engine

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Coolant routing, TR6 race engine
From: Jamie Palmer <tr6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:57:49 -0800 (PST)
>From your resident ChumpCar team, we have the silly question of the day...

We
know we need to NOT run the hot water through the intake manifold while
racing...right?  Isn't that just for cold weather driveability (not much of a
concern on the race car...)  So do we just block both ends, or is that flow
path
crucial to engine cooling and we need to run a hose anyway?  Yes, we are
running
two stock strombergs, we don't have a choice...for now...

Thanks for
answering our series of silly questions.  We're reinstalling the
engine
(built with the finest used parts, apart from gaskets, seals and freeze
plugs, that we can find...again, it's in the rules...) this weekend and
figured
we'd better get an answer...

Thanks,

Jamie Palmer