fot

[Fot] Camshaft end float TR3-4

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Camshaft end float TR3-4
From: "Alexandre Camoletti" <ac@camoletti.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:42:03 +0200
Amici, what are your thoughts about camshaft end float and bearing
clearance? Didn't we exchange about it ? Could not find in the FOT database.

We discussed distributor gear recently, but could not find a discussion
about cam end float and bearing clearances.
These certainly have an influence on ignition timing, distributor gear life
and valve train lash.
Are the stock specs ok ? These are :
Clearance bearing #1= 0.00275'' to 0.0047'',
Clearance bearings #2-3-4= .002'' to .0035''
End float min .003'' up to .0075''
Thank you for your thoughts! Much appreciated!
Alex
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html