fot

[Fot] 24 hour Lemons race... and a TR6

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] 24 hour Lemons race... and a TR6
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:14:47 -0700 (PDT)
Morning FoT...  Just woke up from a weekend haze of my first 24 Hour of Lemons
Race. Argh.. did we race a true $500 TR6 ALL weekend? Was that a dream?

Amazingly enough Bob Kramer and the Sherlock Homeboyz campaigned the TR6 all
weekend long and even placed 20th position. Not too shabby. Yours truly, The
Pawn Star of CVAR, sponsored $500 for covered space, food, fuel, beer and I was
one of 6 drivers.

The TR6 had some fuel problems, as we could not get the carb's dialed in. We
did
have the advantage of cornering though. So.. I know Bob Kramer, Greg Blake and
we turning 2:30's times out of the car that had little past 4000 rpm, and fuel
starvation in the turns. I would just go as long as I could and hold out to the
very last few feet before I broke into the turns. Amazingly, the car never
broke
down and we had no contact. We were penalized for two offs in one session
Sunday
morning, so we were instructed to paint a large Alfa Romero symbol on the trunk
lid. We had fun with the paint, made a really nice symbol and the spelled Alpha
Bumero in the lid. Although not required I took the extra step to appease the
judges by donning voluntarily the 70's afro wig. Bob Kramer says we won some
swag, the Grassroots Motors Sports , "Most with the Least" trophy!  Go team!
I'm ready (with rest) to do it again!
Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com