fot

Re: [Fot] miata delima : NOT TRIUMPH RELATED

To: RACER BUD <budscars@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] miata delima : NOT TRIUMPH RELATED
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:25:47 -0700
Clearly Chris has never driven one of the Monster Miatas. It's just like
TR3's, which were less than 100 HP from the dealer. Miata Motors lend
themselves to all kinds of fiddling--far more than any tractor motor. To the
degree that Miata racing organizations have very strict rules about what you
can do and lots of ways of checking for funny business--far too easy to pull
ponies out of the cars.

And then if it's not enough, you go Monster and drop in a V8. Oddly enough the
V8 Miatas can handle very well, adds about 250 pounds to the car, and that can
actually be shifted and fiddled to the degree that the weight distribution is
50/50 and total weight is less than stock. Big brake kit, some suspension
upgrades, and we're talking truly amazing car. I've driven a very well
prepared one, and it was in the realm of Ferrari performance.

On May 6, 2011, at 9:38 AM, RACER BUD wrote:

> Maybe we should have a MIATA CANNONBALL RUN(:>)
> RB
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/budscars@comcast.net

Bill Babcock