fot

Re: [Fot] Gareth Thomas

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gareth Thomas
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:32:58 -0400
I agree with you that excessive political correctness can be as narrow minded
as the other extreme.  If I came to the wrong conclusion, I apologize for that.

I'm still puzzled, though, as to why the gay reference was appropriate,
especially in the context of the prior emails.  Near as I can tell, Gareth
Thomas (the rugby player) was an outrageously good rugby player for reasons
having nothing to do with being gay, long before he came out.  The only reason
his being gay is news is that there are so few professional athletes willing to
be public about it in an environment that is typically anti-gay.

So, would you routinely describe Kobe Bryant as that straight basketball
player?  Lewis Hamilton as that straight F1 driver?  Tom Brady as that straight
NFL quarterback?

OK, I'm sticking to Triumph subjects in this forum from now on . . . anybody
else going to be at Summit Point for the Jefferson 500 this weekend?