fot

Re: [Fot] Cam Timing Degree Specs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cam Timing Degree Specs
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:47:32 -0500
The best way to set up a cam is to use the intake center, i.e. point of
highest lift.  It should be 110 ATC for this cam. (the average of 18 BTC
and 58 ABC).  Look at my webpage on degreeing a cam -
http://www.tildentechnologies.com/Cams/Tips_Takes.html   There is also a
spreadsheet you can download.

Richard, the reason for the difference between .007 and .010 is what I
call "valve train squish", i.e. the amount of compression in the valve
train due to the springs.  Integral cams listed the 0.050 specs at 210 also.
Larry