fot

[Fot] Laguna Seca

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Laguna Seca
From: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:47:42 -0400
OK, as it has already been said, was truly an awesome event. The guys on the
west coast REALLY know how to throw a party!

The on track action was spectacular, as was the activity with the wrenches in
the paddock. Jerry Barker showed he is still has it, and retirement is not
going to slow him down on the track. While he and his guys did a couple of
gearbox swaps, he made for one hell of a show. A very deserving winner of the
Kastner Cup. Congrats Jerry!

Tony Garmey made the TR250K fly, as usual. Incredible car, driver, and show.
Well done!

Bill Hart had his TR powered Devin hauling the mail when it counted on the
last sessions of the weekend. Restored my faith in rebodied TR3's for sure.
That car was hooked up, and Bill made it look easy.

As the only car (I think) to cross the Rockies, Tony Drews made quite a
showing in his Red Rocket. Consistantly ran towards the front of the field,
and even though he never turned a wheel at Laguna Seca before he did pull of a
first overall in one race at the event. Rumor has he won the Rookie of the
Year award at Buttonwillow over the past weekend, that's what happens when you
make one of our fast guys wear a rookie stripe for an event. Hopefully
somebody will figure out what's wrong with this picture!

Excellent hospitality, it was great to see old friends and make some new ones.

When I get some good pictures, I will post them to the fot-racing.com website.
Email me what you have.

Stay tuned for information on the 2012 Kastner Cup event, it is going to be
big...

Henry F
yellow04@tr4racer.com
fot@autox.team.net