fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:45:53 -0600
It was indeed a good event.  First off I made it there with no loss of
life or limbs.  I do have scars on my leg from the ill fated attempt to
make last year's event.  One can't really complain when the major
impediment to getting on site was being stuck behind the Chrysler 300
club while they clogged up the entry road.

I enjoyed seeing not one but TWO 1147 Spits out on track.  Of course they
don't command the attention of the fast guys in the trick machinery, but
there's a big spot in my heart for such cars.

I'd not been to Laguna Seca before, have read about it and the races there
for many years.  Standing on the bricks on the hill by the Corkscrew looking
out over the track and the surrounding area was quite an experience.  I'm
glad that after I said my goodbyes in the paddock I didn't head home quite
yet but went back up to the Corkscrew, eventually getting treated to some
nice wine and yet another Triumph race.

It was a good trip.

mjb.
fot@autox.team.net