fot

Re: [Fot] Liners and Alum rad cleaner

To: ablake2@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Liners and Alum rad cleaner
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:56:25 GMT
Until last year I had been using Distilled water in my cooling system and the
water was always rusty when I drained the system.  Last year I used tap water
(city water) and when I drained it in the fall the water was clear.  I have
seen discussions on other racer forums not to use distilled water.  With all
the different metals and corrosion cells the distilled water draws ions out (I
forget the exact chemistry) and thus draws iron out.  Using non-distilled
water with various ions in it is not as chemically active and results in less
corrosion.  Joe(B