fot

Re: [Fot] Low voltage miss?

To: fot@autoX.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Low voltage miss?
From: robertten1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
Scott,

I would suspect the regulator in your alternator, should show 13 - 14 volts on
the meter.  At the end of last season I noticed my readings at 11 - 12 volts
and finally had to jump start the car to get running.  I also noticed I was
breaking up at the upper end of my power range ( 6800 - 7000 rpms on fast
street cam ).  I had the alternator tested and found to be bad so I replaced
the regulator and all seems to be running well
Car has 1500 engine but not built to full race specs, its being use for
autocrossing.

Best of Luck,
Bob T
'64 Spit GT  autocrosser