fot

[Fot] Spitfire Brake Caliper Failure

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire Brake Caliper Failure
From: Jim Norlin <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:40:32 -0700
Yesterday, in the vintage race at Portland's Rose Cup races, my wife
Patty, suffered a major brake failure of a front caliper.  Both lugs
sheared off.  The bolts are still tight and hold the broken portions of
the lugs to the upright.  I cannot remember where I got these calipers,
(can't find the receipt), but they were new last summer.  I wasn't
really impressed with them because the casting looked really rough, and
they were a bit oversized - I had to grind off the outer corner to get
them to clear the Panasport wheels.

I'm passing this on as a word of warning to others.

Can anyone recommend a source for good quality calipers?

Thanks in advance - Jim Norlin
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html