fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire Brake Caliper Failure

To: haretoday@comcast.net, 'Tim Pettenati' <1964spitfire@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire Brake Caliper Failure
From: "Alan ..." <alan@nosbritishparts.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:00:08 -0700 (PDT)
I think that is simply a matter of cost. I can buy these calipers for less than
$80.00 each. I cannot rebuild them for that price considering my shop rate.

I'm sure that I have recycled hundreds of rebuildable calipers over the last
thirty years. But then I don't recall a later Lockheed or Girling caliper that
could not be rebuilt. And I have never seen an original break under racing
conditions.

Alan@English Engine