fot

Re: [Fot] Ignition improvements on a TR6

To: <Gt6steve@aol.com>, <sherryjimmy6116@att.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Ignition improvements on a TR6
From: "Alexandre Camoletti" <ac@camoletti.ch>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:59:00 +0200
Indeed I made an extensive search on the net last year when looking into
electronic ignitions for my dry sump Lotus esprit.
It came out that the MSD units have a very high failure rate. I read so many
stories of failed units after few days/weeks/months .
Jeff Schlemmer from Advanced Distributors confirmed and mentioned the figure
of 50% failure rate within the first year. He recommended Crane components,
as in his experience (which is very comprehensive) they are reliable.
I purchased everything from Crane.
Hope this helps (as I spent many hours investigating the subject)
Cheers
Alex