fot

Re: [Fot] Freeing stuck pistons

To: kaskas@cox.net, billb@bnj.com, kenandtweety@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Freeing stuck pistons
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:51:45 -0400 (EDT)
 Our first race car was a Saab V-4 SONNET.  It had been through two floods and
the engine was seized. Solidly.

Big hammer and short piece of two by four was employed.

Engine was rebuilt with original pistons, beat upon with said hammer, and we
ran it for a year. You do what you gotta do.....

Last report was that it was transplanted into a wife's car and was still
running.

The SONNET ran with Sean and Mark at Blackhawk, as it is still on the track
with the buyer, who turned out to be a great friend.