fot

[Fot] I'm back

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] I'm back
From: "william r tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:25:10 -0700
Hi everyone, I'm finally back on the list. I saw Marty Sukey at Mid Ohio last
weekend and he helped me get back on. Thanks Marty.
Marty is taking his Spit to BeaveRun in two weeks for the PVGP event. It's a
nice race. Good luck at the race!
I tried to talk Dick Stockton into going but haven't heard  if he is.
I had a blast at Mid Ohio; I beat a PORSCHE! 912. Driven by a girl!!! Actually
she was paddpocked across from me and we had a great time all weekend. Traded
the lead several times in the feature. Her husband (They're from Mesa AZ)
drives a very nice 914-6. Nice couple.
I did have some brake issues. I put two new wheel clyinders on the previous
week for routine maintenance. One started leaking Friday. I had Ted S bring me
a new pair (I use 0.875" units from a Morgan) and replaced the leaker. Also
rear linings.
Any time I've put on linings, it's been a fight. They always seem too big for
the drums, which also seem oversized. Supposed to be 9" but mic out .060 or
more over. I'm using Kevlar rear shoes and I'm not sold on them. I'm also
using finned alloy rear drums. Do they still arc-grind drum brake linings to
fit the drums?
What are you guys using for rear linings? Any thoughts? I'm taking the drums
in for a light cut tomorrow to try and get better lining contact.
On the plus side, I put RIchard Good's dual M/C setup on and like all his
goodies it's gorgeous. I'm still playing with the balance though.
Thanks, Bill Tobin  D.A.L. Racing
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html