fot

Re: [Fot] I'm back

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] I'm back
From: Jim Norlin <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:59:41 -0700
I don't know about the arc grinding.  I expect if you found a shop
that's been around for 50 years, they probably still have the
capability.  I run Porterfield  shoes on the rear of my Spitfire.  Last
summer, I was changing shoes (the day before the race naturally) and
they wouldn't fit inside my drums.   Took a while to find a shop that
could machine out the little things, but I finally did and was able to
get them to work.  Ordered another set of new drums, so now I carry 2
sets and should be able to field fit whatever I get sent.  Most often, I
seem to find myself changing shoes at the track.