fot

[Fot] FW: TR6 Timing

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] FW: TR6 Timing
From: Henry Morrison <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 07:44:51 -0600
From: dos_gusanos@msn.com
To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Fot] TR6 Timing
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 07:11:13 -0600

Good morning group, I just rebuilt my engine on my '69 Kmart TR6 (that means
it's safe to drive this one to Kmart) otherwise known as "Rusty".  I glanced
at the timing specs and set it at the 4 degrees at 800 of thereabouts.  I
broke in the cam and then, after plugging various oil leaks took her for a
spin.  The car felt fair but not as good as I would like so I came home and
put her to bed.  Most of the original vacuum set up is there, although not
properly hooked up.  I checked the timing yesterday and only one vacuum line
was hooked up.  Apparently this is the retard unit hooked up to a port
directly in front of the "5" stamped in the top of the carburetor.  This set
up hauls the advance backward at a progressively higher rate as you increase
rpms, ie 8-10 degrees at full advance.  The advance side of the distributor is
not hooked up.  I unplugged everything and set the timing at 30 degrees full
advance, but havent driven around the block.  There is another vacuum leak
every time I look at the thing. I lay all the blame for this directly at the
feet of the PREVIOUS OWNER.  I would also like to direct some blame to the BL
exec who thought up this dueling distributor idea.

Cheers, Henry Morrison, Cedar Crest, NM

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html