fot

Re: [Fot] FW: TR6 Timing

To: <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FW: TR6 Timing
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:58:56 +0000
To kind of set the record straight, B/L had one hell'va time (along with
everyone else) trying to meet the emission requirement from 1967 onward. Then,
on top of that, the DOT crash requirement.  So much so that  the money set
aside or budgeted for upgrading design and new models went into that research
file.  Too bad. I was part of the chase on the engine side and it was just
terrible the cost and effort at the time. Emission control was the very first
thing on everyone's agenda. Use of the modern electronic injection,  ignition
and catalytic converters would have solved it then, just as it has in the
present cars.
Never be beaten by equipment