fot

Re: [Fot] Zinc Additive. now use of BRONZE GUIDES

To: fot@autox.team.net, n197tr4@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Zinc Additive. now use of BRONZE GUIDES
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:58:51 -0700 (PDT)
I agree with Greg's and Joe's findings 100%. We found that we had to clearence
them an extra .001 - .002". If not, the valves could stick. The problem seemed
to occur on fresh customer motors which only had a short break-in. One "6"
customer, after being told how to drive while putting the intial miles on the
engine, proceeded to blast out of the shop and could be heard going up the
highway ramp redlining through the gears. Within ten minutes he was back with
the engine having a terrible miss which turned out to be a bent pushrod. After
replacing the "faulty" part and readjusting the valves, he left, and could be
heard really breaking in his motor. Ten minutes later... another bent rod.
His was not the only engine to suffer our ignorance when we first started
using the bronze guides. It was always on fresh head jobs, and always as the
engine was going through warming up. I feel once the engine has reached temp
and everything has equalized the parts "get friendly" as they use to say.
JMTC
-Ed-