fot

Re: [Fot] Trailers and mileage

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Trailers and mileage
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 15:25:57 -0600
I don't think anyone has mentioned you can work on your car inside too.
I'll never forget the cam swap we did at Mid Ohio in 2002.  I have an
18' Haulmark with the slanted nose.  I believe the slant nose helps with
the gas mileage, but unfortunately they no longer offer it.  I used to
get about 9mpg with my 2000 Expedition.  I always wanted a diesel, but I
didn't want to go to a 3/4 or 1 ton truck.  Unfortunately, no US maker
puts a diesel in anything smaller, but the Germans do.  I replaced it
with a BMW X5 3.0 TDI  which pulls stronger and gets 50% better
mileage.  Ok, so it was a little pricey. As Scott said, it needs an
anti-sway device.
Larry
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com