fot

[Fot] Fwd: Simeone Museum wins major award

To: FoTTriumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Simeone Museum wins major award
From: christopher bock <SeaCubeCo@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:51:02 -0500
This is in Philadelphia pa. It is a very neat museum and  I am proud to say I
have been there and I couldn't contain my joy.

Chris

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Pete Bahr" <peteb01@comcast.net>
> Date: November 16, 2011 9:28:32 PM EST
> To: <bmcsnjmembers@lists.british-steel.org>
> Subject: Simeone Museum wins major award
>

> Since many BMC members have attended the museum, I thought you all would be
interested in this prestigious award.
> Pete Bahr
>
>  ==============   ===============

YEAR"

> Dr. Simeone just called from the International Historic Motoring Awards
dinner in London to tell us we have been selected as bMuseum of the Year.b
The judging panel included such noted figures as TV host Jay Leno, vintage car
racer and Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason, Pebble Beach Chief Judge Ed
Gilbertson, five times Le Mans winner Derek Bell and Lady Susie Moss, wife of
racing icon Sir Stirling Moss, among others.
> The other museums that were considered were the National Motor Museum of
England and the Jaguar Heritage Museum in the UK, the Peterson Museum in Los
Angeles, and the Auto Museum Prototyp in Germany.

> bThis is an enormous honor for the Simeone Automotive Museum, especially
considering the quality of the other institutions that were considered,b
said Executive Director Fred Simeone. bThese are the very best automotive
museums in the world and we were humbled just to be considered. To actually
win was beyond our wildest dreams. This award is the greatest international
recognition to which an automotive museum can aspire.b

> The results were announced at a black-tie ceremony at Londonbs Renaissance
Hotel at St. Pancras on November 16th.

> The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum, located near the Philadelphia
international Airport, is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation and encompasses
many of the most significant racing sports cars ever built. The museum opened
in 2008 and since then has been internationally recognized for the quality of
the collectionbs automobiles, and the instructive nature of the displays.
All of the cars have important historic meaning in the development of sports
car road racing, from its beginnings to the 1970s. The museum has been
profiled in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and a variety of
automotive publications.

> Other notables on the judging committee included, Horst Bruning, president
of the International Federation of Veteran Automobiles, Ian Callum, design
director of Jaguar Cars, Duncan Wiltshire, Chairman of Motor Racing Legends,
Robert Coucher, international editor of Octane magazine, Peter Stevens,
designer of McLaren F1, and Simon Kidston, international car consultant and
commentator.

> From everyone here at the museum, thank you to our volunteers, friends and
everyone who has worked to help make Dr. Simeone's vision a reality. This is
an award we can all share!
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html