fot

Re: [Fot] VACUUM SYSTEM

To: yellow04@tr4racer.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] VACUUM SYSTEM
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:03:00 -0500 (EST)
 Good Morning Henry,

Seems like you draw attention to an important issue about a 'closed system'
relative to the use of the vacuum system.
(yes we run a closed system)

What do mean by a shoddy build?   Sealing all the gasket points and
neoprene/viton seals properly?

i suspect the felt rope seal is one of the worst offenders. without the felt
seal in place you can place a flashlight behind the bearing block and see lots
of light. Murphy bangs away with a special tool until the FELT actually
extrudes from the block....and doesnt seem to have a problem.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648