fot

Re: [Fot] PAECO

To: "Jeff Senty" <gp89@charter.net>, "Joe Alexander" <n197tr4@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] PAECO
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:34:36 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1334367261; bh=FefHvAVnU76g+psYzVSbuvo9TvEp1pFFmOutvdlOwYc=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Cc:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=f+CpUKg3Ig8OrfHETjFSxQCmFhRevUpnjMyUCrAUyf3Wa2wxYO5IrhlyMUG5R9sA3xkecs5GASYymD4PucMutKJos8aRGvPXgiZrQCkK+AQLwUSgf+Rdhi3SzQ/rFUvGz61ui60FzuMp6gPpXbWFkMzmvNavI4Fbdg6U4PG3bPY= Jb9.snfcuUeR_9OEdYke4DLsZ9Pkeba5_u1fGswIHilXz4xaRS3ScoaVEgjK fcMiPVD7lJ3RjalJCVGVueIKxDwSdB7_yu4M.BS3P5jhUlZa2cmuY__TBm4o ySEi3CExAi_gJ5oOPQih1QAvapIJwaA9_tunq1A6H4KqLJjJEPDZzAx3PWLm 86Q5vl2NnJrX7cSByD7xpgyIXACAT1wfnuzlaFfc9i2UPkdU_r7Jj2A1uiJT pkA4TsylEDMxGqwdQuaW8kUjG9Po62.uw_o9wmCHtGsi5J65qK.LhiHiOO4E 8nm8YMc2opjrg6BHHLYGqUUl_K.YamNMzuSj9zYeMMZTEBmjsQQ1jDqQaJc. t9fJzWHP6.SOi5Cf_KOeUawrCIOtVr1ut.kAsjiTLVMT1DqjE3JWf32Jh2kX IpirFpwWdq3SSaYOGroE6BoKbytJK5z6ZYgTHlwk8RpYOkjUO8l5YY7A-
Let's see. My PAECO Spitfire "full race" engine:

. Layers of oil-soaked dirt in the oil pan
. Wrong front plate (TR4 plate, which lacked the engine mounts)
. Burr in #1 lifter hole caused stuck lifter and broken cam immediately on
trying to drive the car
. Engine sent back to PAECO for warranty fix, it was returned with the burr
still there.
. Engine shipped back and returned at my expense, shipping an engine ain't
cheap, PAECO refused to cover the cost
. PAECO shipped the engine back freight collect declaring weight to be
double the actual, adding $200 to shipping cost.
. Valve springs -- all the inners and couple of outers broke within half a
season of autocross.
. One valve spring bit got into the oil pump, breaking it.
. When compression ratio was checked by another mechanic, my "13:1" engine
measured at 10.69:1.

--Rocky Entriken