fot

Re: [Fot] Wiring

To: "Jim Norlin" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wiring
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 01:25:00 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1337667865; bh=oA/oG0TmTHiBeKxNiIEyvc1QEl1f2qybY5Qyb/fKQZk=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=CEHgPwXNUjn3umnDignZWj2yPAzePvzZIAzjxl76rrgYPbDzuyp7WwPzux20c34K/BjhSi56Liwi9QST9pRVvyFJ1ZQNv3Tc4nfnL7cokcZQSRe02eVkyigyOTIt4gPdlrSOhVEH4M4w1OKAiyftJvCEWWYX1UI+beLeUGAUgFo= I_i_9vEQAu1CJhBNBf8vNHkq6TDifxH.BHfBGI5SjzG4XmIm.kW.kx.JkKdQ Wo0IDTm.B6sCUFnEYWhijJkESJWWi_CXAYeDS.KHnHdZ9vkkk30WZQBQqMQp FgRAThuI96mVMxXUwfAYj46T_Nk8Qty3pXAvXnW7GB8MoUa8dEcAYcSQXatn ayBiednMEmNaMsDuYJkmY9BK3vxCIOXRYHr3MV0VgxOKG5n1Qj4j9EDPdh3b wF87e9ABIVewR67U3zTK7ToD8FeICyBcbfXvO5xVsIUba1pTre23DappfVOW J.ErIydpB5m1Lb1.vG3FZq_5RSMt.GdF8K6Nykud2SpQBnZkulXndssEZFF5 .q7lnUgGcRxLeEdkxBfH0I0RzKy88MnYN4wjG8_npppNVHCxKBMIbQ2K6beh FaBRYCpZd3G.nFGNjAepYtswhkbe0OYuQRXKCRayiDbdkwFkN.jibX4X.
Heh, heh, not even the taillights here. Mine's wired up so I have four
taillights, including what were the turn signals. Nice when one or two burn
out so I still have a couple. Although last time that happened (none of the
four would stay lit) we flogged inside the trunk seems like hours trying to
make them work. I only got on the track by the grace of a grid chief and a
pit steward who thought they saw a flash. The culprit turned out to be not
in the trunk, but something that WAS still stock, the button under the brake
pedal.

So I bought a new one from Victoria British, cheap plastic thing (the
original was in a sturdy metal case) that broke when the brake pedal slipped
while trying to install it. A second one was installed, but when I stepped
on the brake and let it snap back that one broke too. Got the third one to
stay together but didn't trust it. It was someone on this list suggested a
Honda unit, which I got -- aha, sturdy metal case -- and it's all worked
fine ever since.

Speaking of Vicky Brit, just had another encounter with them. Just put new
GT6 corners on the car but the rebuilt brake calipers didn't come with pins
to hold the brake pads in place (Ted S. found and sent me three but of
course I need four; and I decided I wanted all four the right size when I
bedded new pads), so I ordered up the set from VB. So what they send are
Ford/Fiat parts, which would've worked except they were the wrong size --
3/16" packaged under the part number that was correct for the 1/4" units I
needed. And more, at the discounted price of $9.95 plus shipping of $7.75.
Silly me to think the place closest to me (we're both in Kansas) would get
them to me quick, but parts ordered online on Sunday that they should've
seen Monday morning took 4 days to move 200 miles down I-70 to me, arriving
Thursday by UPS. Reordered from the Roadster Factory last Friday. They
arrived in Monday's mail, plain ole first class from Pennsylvania, the
correct parts at a price of $5.99 and shipping of $4.25.

--Rocky Entriken