fot

Re: [Fot] Headers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Headers
From: Jim Norlin <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:43:32 -0700
Sender: fot-bounces@autox.team.net
Sorry to be so slow in responding to this - a bit late in catching up on e-mail.

I needed a new set of headers about 3 years back when I switched from an 1147 to a 1300. I had a set of Stahl headers, but they were very old and beat. My frame and bellhousing had already been notched to fit them. I called and talked with Jere Stahl. Bottom line was he told me to call around and look for a used set - didn't want to be bothered with making a new one for me. I also tried a set of Pace headers, but they are for a street car and hang too far below the frame to work on a race car.

I ended up having a set of 4 into 1 headers custom made for me. My engine builder gave the specs to the fabricator and I set him up with a dummy engine/gearbox./frame to work with. It wasn't cheap, but they seem to work really well. I do have an extra header flange as I had them cut out two just in case. My car is HP legal, limited prep.