fot

Re: [Fot] Never be beaten by equipment

To: "'Robert Blake'" <rblake36@yahoo.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Never be beaten by equipment
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:14:40 -0500
Cc: 'Blake Gregory' <greg.blake@atkinsglobal.com>
FWIW - I've been measuring the temperature of the block and cylinder head
with and infrared thermometer as we come off the track since we started
running in 2007.  The cylinder head is measured between #2 and #3
sparkplugs, The block is measured towards the front and towards the back on
the cam side and the block is measured at the back as low as possible.

All of the readings have been consistently between 180 degrees and 200
degrees.

The infrared thermometers are now available from places like Harbor Freight
pretty reasonably now.  This just seemed like a good piece of diagnostic
data to have.

Tim Murphy