fot

Re: [Fot] Splitting a TR4 body in half when replacing sills and floors

To: "Tylerpthompson@yahoo.com" <Tylerpthompson@yahoo.com>, Friends of triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Splitting a TR4 body in half when replacing sills and floors
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:41:46 -0400
Tyler
I have done many of these.
I don't recommend splitting the body in half.
Do one side at a time. Use a brace between the A and B Posts and Cross
brace.
I pull the body with a chain fall or hoist and sit it on its side.
I can send you photo's of the latest I'm restoring for a club member.
It's a TR250 that received floors inner and outer rockers a full top
deck including trunk surround, battery tray and and R&R the left front
corner.
I had to make repair panels to tie in the new parts.
Take LOTS of Measurements. Measure before you weld.
Glenn