fot

Re: [Fot] Is anyone using a vacuum pump to evacuate the crankcase?

To: "'sherry robyn'" <sherryjimmy6116@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Is anyone using a vacuum pump to evacuate the crankcase?
From: "Jim Gray" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:15:03 -0700
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
One of my local speed shops sells a 12Volt vacuum pump just for that reason.
I understand it's a GM part. I've heard of cars that pull 11in. of vacuum.
In those cases some reverse their oil seals or it pulls air into the system.
I had considered it and still haven't given up on it yet. I have a sealed
system and use the Moroso exhaust extractor which works really good. I can
actually measure vacuum at my valve cover filler cap. Unfortunately it pegs
my gauge so I can't offer up a number.
jim g