fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:59:06 -0500
 I received a few words of advice on my "situation", thanks much they are
appreciated. Let me add....  The fuel sloshing out condition showed up when I
first got the car. I checked and it did have a check valve. I took it out and
there did not really appear that there was any way for it to not function, at
least visually so I re-installed it.  Originally the vent went to the top of
the inner fender and then straight down, no loop.  I do not remember how much
gas I had in the cell, maybe I just had it to full.  Anyway, I really really
didn't like the gas coming out onto the exhaust so the catch can was installed
as a redundant system as well as adding a loop in the vent tank.  Since I have
put in this so called fix I honestly cannot remember ever draining any gas out
of the catch can after a event.  So maybe it was a big waste of time but it
made me more at ease never having to be wondering if gas might be possibly
splashing out when I am at  the wheel.  And heaven knows, I need lots less to
worry about when I am behind the wheel!  :)

Marty