fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions

To: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:01:14 -0500 (EST)
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Hi,

My fuel cell has a "check valve" in the vent tube, so positive pressure
from fuel in the vent closes the valve and there's no spilling. Ever. I'm
pretty sure that the check valve is required in road racing "in case of a
rollover". That seemed like a good idea to me at the time.

I'm pretty sure I have the 8 gallon Fuel Safe cell (aluminum case, kevlar
bladder and foam with the internal surge can and pickups in both front
corners. It works great. Actually, I'm thinking about replacing the foam
as it is now 14 years old. But I also use nothing but 110 leaded race
fuel, so there's no degredation on the fuel lines or anything.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489