fot

[Fot] TR8 Direction

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR8 Direction
From: Kelvin Dodd <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:04:14 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
It may be sacrilege on this list, but gutting a TR8 to make a race car, when
there are limited competition venues available, to me, is a bit of a waste.

I remember the first time I got my TR8 on the road. It started to rain and I
realized that the car had wipers and a defrost system that actually worked
effectively!

The TR8 is a really great road car. It is capable of dusting the majority of
classic British sports cars, yet is comfortable and still a great value.

Just don't think of it as a Triumph. It's not. Just as the Rover SD1 is not a
Rover. Both cars are British Leyland designs, that got badged to fit a market
niche. They have to be appreciated as stand alone designs, without the
heritage (and hand me down engineering) of the earlier marques.

I'm with TeriAnn, get in the car and see where your dreams take you.

You can access an excellent TR7/8 group through this web link.

Kelvin Dodd
1980 TR8
1980 SD1
Other stuff