fot

Re: [Fot] H6 Gland packing help

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] H6 Gland packing help
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 00:14:23 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: Catpusher
Mike,
I used to get great comments from the SF SCCA inspectors about my  TR3's
SUs not leaking.
I used liberal amounts of petroleum jelly with the cork seals.  Have  you
checked the jet outside surfaces and diameters for scratches or other  issues
that could hurt the seals?  Even new parts need to be checked.  Are you
certain that the leaks are from the jet OD?

Please be advised that when I went from the H6 to the HS6 the change was
beyond track tuning in the limited amount of time available during a National
 weekend for a very modified motor.  I had the complete H6 system to
reinstall, and did for that weekend.  The center pull linkage for the
butterfly
shafts of the HS6 is much more reliable in my experience, and we did  get
them to work very well.

TR Regards,
 Hardy

In a message dated 1/6/2013 8:57:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,