fot

Re: [Fot] Harbor Freight

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Harbor Freight
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 15:11:43 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
The vast majority of my "Buffalo" brand socket set (purchased who knows where)
is, thankfully, gone.  Broken, not lost.  I purchased that socket set around
1987 to do my first solo wrenching - changing a water pump, in the parking lot
of our apartment building.  Naturally, it rained.

I never had any of my own tools before that, as my dad (GT6 racer Jerry Barr)
was always a short drive away, with a bottomless toolbox and decades of
wrenching experience.

The tools sold at Harbor Freight these days seem of higher quality than that
old Buffalo brand socket set, but I try to get Craftsman or better.

Scott B.
(must be winter, if we're down to talking about tools.  Is it time for The
Great Transmission Debate again?)