fot

[Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?

To: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?
From: Shawn Frank <my71spit13@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 09:34:48 -0800 (PST)
I went to the DMVR SCCA meeting last night, and will be solo auto crossing an
80 Spitfire and soaking in all the info I can to work towards getting my
racing license and becoming a club racer. I am new to this, and don't want to
dive in too deep just yet. It will be nice to have a specific race car instead
of using my road car Spitfire. I need to find an info source for a roll cage
that I need to pass inspection for SCCA rules. Is it the same regulations for
things like the Kastner Cup? Is it a standard spec throughout the different
racing factions? Do I need to go all out with 5 point harnesses and a hans
device? Is the SCCA a good place to start, or should I get in to a different
faction? I would like to be able to drive the racer to the track. Is that
possible to have a street legal racer that still has the proper spec for being
a club racer? Like I said, I am new to this and am excited to start off this
next season. I want to definitely work
 towards actual track time instead of parking lots and cones. Door to door
racing is much more appealing to me. Can anyone help with any of these
questions or have suggestions for a rookie like me? Thank you for the
time...Shawn Frank Des Moines, IA 515-339-4228