fot

Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?
From: Joe Henry <jhd11@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 20:09:58 +0000
Shawn,
     I have been a SCCA member for a long time and have been Club Racing for a
while.  Different feel at a SCCA race than vintage but both are fun.  Roll
Cage info can be found in the GCR and I am pretty sure most if not all vintage
groups will accept a SCCA cage.  If you are going wheel to wheel racing I
would rethink driving my car to the track!  I am not saying it is not possible
in some classes but there are a number of modifications that would help a race
car that are not street legal.  Also in wheel to wheel racing, any wheel to
wheel racing, stuff happens and things break.  Being several hundred miles
from home with your only means of transportation "on the hook" would not be a
good feeling!  Reconsider this strongly!  Limiting your participation to
autocross is another matter.  HANS will be required for wheel to wheel and a 5
point harness.  5 point would also be useful in autocross.  You have a
wonderful source of knowledge here in this group.  Be sure to use it and HAVE
FUN!

Joe Downer
Charlotte, N.C.