fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph GT6 front springs and shocks

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph GT6 front springs and shocks
From: Jerry Barr <jerrybarr@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:33:25 -0600
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Ted is looking for a replacement for my old Carreras. One of the front shocks
has a little dead spot of about .5"in both directions. I don't know much about
shocks but the Carreras have screw in the bottom of the body that looks like a
fill hole to me. I never saw any leakage on them and they worked very well so
I am wondering if it is possible to change fluid and use them. The fluid is
very dark or maybe burned. Any thoughts on that?

On Jan 20, 2013, at 7:18 PM, Scott Janzen wrote:

> hi - my car came with to me with the Spax, but they were worn out.  I
replaced the front ones with the rebound-adjustable Carreras - alum body, got
them from Ted.  Seems to me he told me they are now marketed under a different
name.  They were as cheap as any other coil-over I could find, and I have been
happy with  them.  I replaced the rear ones with a Spax set a few years ago,
which are adjustable for stiffness.
> The car came with these crazy 700 lb front springs.  On the advice of Steve
Smith, I went to a softer rate, 550 lb by 8" Eibachs with a 1" front bar.
Seems to work well for me.

> On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Barr, Scott wrote:
>
> Dad seems to be having some trouble posting to the list at the moment.
Here's

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com