fot

Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR

To: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR
From: "yellow04@tr4racer.com" <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:57:05 -0500
Cc: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Great winter topic, Jason!

The 04 TR4 was not a good long distance racer,  the all out sprint race engine
did not like the 1 hour enduros I ran. But I am not sure what got tired out
first, the car or the driver!

I never was too successful in getting my head into the endurance race mode, I
tried to get into a rhythm of slow and smooth with interesting results. I
usually turned my best lap time of the weekend.

The current build of the 04 car with stock crank, rods and a set of Hepolites
with a close ratio overdrive gearbox might make a better endurance car.
Hopefully someone will buy it and find out!