fot

Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR

To: jason ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>, 'Friends of Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR
From: "Reed, John" <John.Reed@wilson.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 06:57:01 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Back when Midwestern Council did The 4 hour race, Kirk Gutshe did it solo in a
TR4A IRS.
The same car I used to get my comp license. That car run like a train!!

On 1/26/13 4:27 PM, "jason ostrowski" <jason@multivintage.com> wrote:

The 24 hour race at Daytona this weekend got me thinking.
It seems that Sebring is usually mentioned as the endurance testing grounds
for Triumphs (at least here in the U.S)... lots of action there with a few
different TR models.
I am aware of some attempts by the factory teams to complete the 24 hours
of LeMans. (early years)

Anyway, anyone have any insight as to who and what car might hold the
(Triumph) record for most distance covered in a competition event?
Sebring, Daytona, LeMans, Lemons? I know some of our own FoT guys did well
in the late 50's at Sebring...I remember hearing of a guy driving a TR3 for
over 11 hours in that event (There are some great photos of this group on
our own FoT website)

This is just for fun ....Remember, It gets really cold here in Chicago and
I need an interesting FoT topic.

Whats the longest you have driven a Triumph in competition?

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/john.reed@wilson.com

John Reed
Global Staff Photographer
Creative Services

[cid:3442201021_35581245]

Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Chicago IL 60631: USA
T: 1 773.714.6895    F: 1 773.714.4585
John.Reed@wilson.com  http://www.wilson.com  http://www.amersports.com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of
image.png]