fot

[Fot] flex hone.

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>, <cwe@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] flex hone.
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:02:09 -0800
I forgot to mention, it is important to obtain a final cross-hatch pattern
of about 30 degrees from horizontal with both the up and down strokes.  I
get this by using a 1/2" drive electric drill.the rotates at a fairly low
rpm. If you have a fixed speed drill, you canhit the trigger "on while
pulling the drill up through the bore and off while pushing it down and get
a rythm going to give the correct pattern. This has never failed to give a
good ring seal and easy break in.

                Greg Solow