fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school

To: "Mike Moore" <mmoore@wave1.net>,"'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 20:04:01 -0500
Is the clutch shaft between the slave and the tranny in the upper
hole?  I have 3 holes and use the upper one.  Lower holes will reduce
pedal effort and require more pedal travel.

Are you sure you got a clutch master cylinder and not a brake master
cylinder?  The brake ones can have a valve that prevents a bunch of
fluid pushing back into the master cylinder and would hold the clutch
engaged for a while.  I've just googled for this in relation to a
wilwood master cylinder and find no reference of such a valve thought.

Also, are you sure you got the same bore diameters that you had
before?  A smaller bore master cylinder or a larger bore slave
cylinder would increase pedal stroke and lower the engagement /
disengagement closer to the floor.

Another thought - the flexible line that connects to the slave - any
chance that's collapsing?  Is it rubber?  Can it be
replaced?  Sometimes rubber lines fail in a way that causes them to
act as one way valves.

That's all I can think of...  Hope you get it fixed!  That's gotta be
hugely frustrating!

Tony Drews