fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school
From: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:36:34 -0700
It still sounds to me like a residual pressure valve. Remove the line from the
M/C, then unscrew the fitting from the body of the M/C. Under that fitting
there might be a valve bod and spring. remove then, reassemble.

A faulty line is also possible. With the peal all the way to the floor and
stuck, open the bleed valve and see what happens.
On May 12, 2013, at 6:41 PM, "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Hi Tony, I just talked to Mike.
> He's running a braided line to the slave, but they have been known to fail
at times.
> Mike's coming down tomorrow AM. I have a spare M/C and Slave. I want to
check the bore sizes on his and see if they are the same as mine.
> Like I said to him, if the clutch worked before replacing the hydraulics and
doesn't work now, it's probably the hydraulics.
> Your thought of a residual valve in brake M/C is a good point.
> Here's hoping! (I have a spare clutch too, just in case!)
> Thanks for your help.
> Bill
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com>

have 3 holes and use the upper one.  Lower holes will reduce pedal effort and
require more pedal travel.

>> Are you sure you got a clutch master cylinder and not a brake master
cylinder?  The brake ones can have a valve that prevents a bunch of fluid
pushing back into the master cylinder and would hold the clutch engaged for a
while.  I've just googled for this in relation to a wilwood master cylinder
and find no reference of such a valve thought.

>> Also, are you sure you got the same bore diameters that you had before?  A
smaller bore master cylinder or a larger bore slave cylinder would increase
pedal stroke and lower the engagement / disengagement closer to the floor.

>> Another thought - the flexible line that connects to the slave - any chance
that's collapsing?  Is it rubber?  Can it be replaced?  Sometimes rubber lines
fail in a way that causes them to act as one way valves.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tony@tonydrews.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/william.tobin31@verizon.net