fot

Re: [Fot] Brake Fluid

To: Mike Moore <mmoore@wave1.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake Fluid
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:49:57 -0400
Cc: 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
The Pegasus catalog is a handy reference because they offer about ten
different fluids and their wet and dry boiling points.  The "wet" point is the
one to compare.
If your brakes don't run really hot, the Motul 660 is a good value.
In the GT6, with 13" wheels, and a car that weighs almost as much as yours,
the brakes get hot.  I boiled the fluid once sitting in the pits during a
mandatory enduro stop on a hot day.  I now run Castrol SRF, but there's a
reason the bottle is gold colored!
However, have never boiled the fluid again.